This is the loft which is the subject of many a project and where all of my projects take place. It is a unit in a refurbished woolen mill, which was built in 1908.
Nick and I moved in on March 25th, 2011, and began significant remodeling the next day. Here’s a quick photo tour and before/during/after to get you familiar.
We re-did the electrical in the living room and added these pendant lamps where there had previously been no overhead lighting.
Adding a magnetic chalkboard wall and magnetic knife rack:
Making holders for pot lids:
And a few of the projects we’ve tackled around the loft so far:
- complete upstairs bathroom remodel
- designing and building a bathroom vanity from scratch
- re-wiring and installing lights in the living room
- re-sheetrocking and soundproofing using green glue
- building enormous bookshelves out of plumbing pipe
- building two desks
- tearing out a closet
- making a chalkboard wall in the kitchen
- making pot lid holders
- rewiring for, and installing a washer and dryer